Saturday, December 17, 2011

Last Six Months

So I totally suck at blogging and haven't done it for over six months! I decided that since more than likely no even reads it I can have some fun with it and kind of turn it into an online journal. Now I am going to condense six months into a reasonable couple of paragraphs.
Jesse and I have moved ourselves, fritz and our giant 5th wheel trailer out to Ray, North Dakota. The town's population I believe is less than a thousand, but for us this is a step up. Granger, Wyoming only had a population of150. I know because I looked it up on Wikipedia :) The nearest "big" city is Williston, ND which is about 35 minutes away. That is where we have to go for just about everything. They do have a Wal-mart which means that it is actually civilized haha! This wal-mart is pretty intense. Imagine wal-mart on black friday; the shelves empty, waiting in line for over half an hour, grabbing things out of the boxes that are still in the aisles not put away. This is Wal-mart for us every day!
Jesse still works for Rocky Mountain Trucking, as a right hand man. He does just about everything, but technically his job is to deliver sand to rigs that are fracing. I attempt to understand what they do but I get hopelessly lost and give up.
All you need to know is that Jesse drives a semi truck and then uses a high pressure blower to get the sand out of his trailer into theirs and then he goes and does it again.
I work at the gas station that is less than a minute away from our trailer. The Gas-N-All is pretty "fabulous" and when it says All it means all. We have gas, a restaurant, a movie rental business, etc. We used to have a tanning bed but weirdly enough it didn't get that much use. I worked as the morning cook for about a month before I couldn't stand waking up at 4:30 everyday and working 10 to 11 hour shifts anymore. I really didn't like cooking for 30 plus people on a grill that is only two feet across (that is really tiny just so you know). I work nights now,
so my job basically consists of making pizzas and selling beer. I know after hearing this you are super jealous of me, especially with all the super hotties that come in from the oil field and hit on me saying really classy things like "dang girl, you're beautiful! You want to come out drinking with us when you get off" or after I say, "I need you to sign this," they say, "I'll do anything for you!" Oh yeah love the weirdies!
We have gone back to utah a few times so far, and now that winter is here we will be down almost every month for snowmobiling. If you didn't already know that is Jesse's passion in life. We love getting to see family and wish we had more time when we are there to see all our friends, sadly we only have 5 or 6 days and 2 of them are spent in traveling. One of the main highlights of the last six months was our great vacation to West Yellowstone, that we took a few months ago, it was such a blast.
We saw all the geysers, went zipling, went to the wolf and grizzly bear experience, and just got to hang out with each other while seeing the beautiful natural wonders that Yellowstone has to offer. It was so much fun and I can't wait for our next trip, but this time I think we'll shell out the money for an actual hotel instead of a crummy cabin that didn't have a real mattress hahaha!
Being up here has definitely been a challenge. We don't always get to see each other since our schedules don't always match up, but we are out here to work hard and make money and that is exactly what we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment