Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Chinese Chicken


I love food. All kinds of food, but chinese food is easily my favorite. I crave it regularly, and would it regularly but we live in the middle of nowhere. The closest place to get chinese is over half an hour away, which makes this recipe perfect because I can have chinese food in the comfort of my own home. I learned how to make this chicken my freshman year of college and have been making ever since. Today I didn't have work, so I actually had time to make it. This batch turned out the best it ever has and I savored every bite. As I was eating it I thought about how everyone that I've made it for has loved it, which led me to think I should share the deliciousness with others, so here it is.

You will need Panda Express orange sauce (which you can find at almost any grocery store in the oriental food section), chicken, canola oil, egg, milk, flour, two bowls, a cutting board, and a skillet.
In one bowl mix
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons of milk

In another bowl mix
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (you may need more or less depending on how much chicken you use)
- seasoning (pepper, season salt, red pepper flakes, or whatever you want)

In skillet heat
-canola oil

Cut up/ dice desired amount of chicken (I normally do 2 or 3 breasts)
Soak chicken in egg/milk combo
Toss chicken in flour mixture
Fry the battered chicken in the oil until cooked and crispy then put into a glass casserole dish
Pour desired amount of orange sauce on chicken and cook at 375 degrees in oven till sauce boils
Serve on white rice


1 comment: